Roasted Cauliflower with Gorgonzola & Lime
You probably read that title and thought, “What? Gorgonzola and lime?,” because that’s exactly what I thought too…until I tried it.
This recipe was born out of necessity. It was cleaning day in my house and I had been scrubbing floors for hours and realized I was famished. I opened the fridge to realize that it would also be a grocery day, because there was next to nothing to eat. On the verge of hangry I roasted cauliflower on a pan, crumbled gorgonzola on top when it was still hot out of the oven, and squeezed a bit of lime for good measure. And guess what? A seriously flavorful take on an otherwise boring vegetable dish (love ya cauliflower, but let’s be honest, you’re not that exciting on your own).
When you’re down to a few ingredients sometimes you have to get creative with combinations and be open to the fact that it might not be a hit. That’s the fun of cooking: experimenting to create a dish that is more than the sum of its parts.
Don’t be afraid to test random flavor and ingredient combinations, you never know what the outcome may be. Many of my best creations started as experiments!
Roasted Cauliflower with Gorgonzola & Lime (Trust Me)
Roasted cauliflower with gorgonzola cheese and…lime? Yes, it works. Yes, it’s delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 as side dish
- Category: Side Dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1-2 oz gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower florets from head, separating into small pieces
- In large bowl, mix cauliflower and olive oil. Add pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Roast cauliflower on cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes. To achieve max flavor, let cauliflower brown on pan without moving for 15 minutes before flipping.
- When cauliflower has browned on all sides, remove and plate. Sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola and a squeeze of lime over the top and serve immediately. Enjoy!