Homemade Bloody Mary Mix with fresh seasonal tomatoes, smoked sea salt and spicy hot sauce. The perfect Bloody Mary for weekend brunch!
Bloody Mary Mix
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon smoked hickory salt
- 2-3 squirts worcestershire
- 2-3 dashes Tobasco, or other hot sauce
- Optional: fresh basil, thyme or other herbs; lime juice, horseradish, pickle juice, olive juice
Bloody Mary with Homemade Bloody Mary Mix (per Bloody Mary)
- 6 oz Homemade Bloody Mary Mix (see above)
- 1.5 oz vodka (I suggest Tito’s)
- Condiments, as desired: olives, pickles, limes, celery, green onions, pearled onions, etc.
- Cut tomatoes in large pieces and place in pot with smoked salt, worcestershire, hot sauce and other desired ingredient. Bring to medium-low heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until tomatoes cook down and become tender.
- When tomatoes take on a soupy texture, blend mixture with immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth. Place in refrigerator until chilled before using.
- To make Bloody Mary: Combine vodka and Homemade Bloody Mary Mix in a glass with ice; stir to combine. Garnish with desired condiments and serve.
Homemade Bloody Mary Mix will keep for about a week in the refrigerator. It will taste better after a day or two, so it’s an easy make-ahead mix!
- Serving Size: 1 Bloody Mary (without condiments)
- Calories: 120